Thursday, January 5, 2012

2nd run of year and Movie night

Well I finally got out again last night.  Albeit my shortest course, but by the time I got home from work AND the fact that I layered up (it was 18 degrees and windy), I did it.  Got home, took the Garmin off, transferred the data, clicked on the internet - NO CONNECTION.  WTF's up with that.  Something about a Winsock or WindSock or Tubesock error, whatever it is, but no internet connection for me.

Oh well, so I did the Nelson Loop of 2.54 miles.  But most importantly I felt really really good.  Shins tightened up a little bit (2 brief walk stretch periods) but regardless of the time or not I am very happy with the way the run turned out, especially considering that it was only my 2nd one of the year.

So I ended up posting my miles manually to Dailymile, but hopefully I can get that fixed today.  Oh well, if that's the worse thing that happens this week, I'll consider myself lucky.



UNBREAKABLE - Finally had the chance to sitdown last night (skipped the Bruins/Devils game - Bruins kicked the Devils ass BTW) and watch the 2010 WS100 Unbreakable movie.  It was a lot of fun to watch and definitely will be on the "need some motivation" movie list.  Having never run a 100 mile race, it was eyeopening to see how it goes.  It was amazing to see the resilience and drive that Geoff Roes displayed. 

I give it and enthusiastic   CC

Siskel and Ebert eat your hearts out!

Until next time, Be Well ~ Sank

No comments:

Post a Comment