Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday OFF

For the first time in a while I am actually taking all of Saturday off from everything!  No work, no house stuff, no runs, no nothing.  Nancy and I are heading out to the Phanton Gourment Food Festival behind Fenway Park from noon to 4 and then finishing off the day going to the Bruins game at the new Garden.


I am really looking forward to not worrying about what to do or when to be there and just have a great day with the wife.  Will be posting some pics of the day (probably tomorrow as there are some beer tents at the Phantom event and cant guarantee picture clarity).  Sorry Bruins (and Red Sox and Patriots and Celtics) but I really have a hard time buying $8 beers.  Not to mention that 99% of the beers (if that is what you want to call them) are watered down, rice based, domestic crap.  Yeah I know what am I some kind of communist snob, ragging on the good old Budweisers and Millers of the world.  Damn it boy they are the back bone of our country.  Blah blah blah cry me a river....given me a nice heavy, micro, overly hopped, dark amber, freshly made, small batch brew anyday of the week.  If the micros ever went away I think I would just go to drinking Mountain Dew Code Red's all day.  Now maybe I should add a weekly beer review section to this blog.  Hmmmmmmmmm, that could be fun.  Not that detailed, just if I liked it, hated it, and why.  Oh well, sobriety is so over rated.

Anyway, look for some pics later, should be a great day.  Haven't had much husband and wife only time lately and I am looking forward to the day.

I guess I will pay for today's festivities when I get back on the trails with Belle tomorrow (after my "lets run roads only to save my IT band" hiatis) but hey isnt that one of the reasons we all run anyway.

Have a great Saturday all.

Sank

No comments:

Post a Comment