Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lost!


Not the TV show, but it was I that was LOST.  Yeah it finally happened, and I am sure I'm not the first that it is happened to, nor will it be the last time it happens to me.

So I'm running in the Gilbert State Forest in Foxboro (MA) and I decide to try a new trail.  Map in hand, I head over the roots, fallen trees and mud pits and off I go.  Well somewhere between what the map says and my legs went, weren't quite the same.  Now I kinda figured I was going ok, until I saw the blue triangle saying "Now Leaving the Boundaries of the Massachusetts State Forest".  THAT should have been my first clue, but NOOOOO I kept going.  Ended up somehow finding my way back on the trail, but them compounded it by going right instead of left and again going the wrong way, finding a new "Now Leaving" sign and hit some residential neighborhood.  3 additional miles later and I ended up in the car.

Bad news: I got lost, Good news: It actually turned into a great run, put in some decent mileage for the day, spent an hour or so away from the traffic and craziness of the world.  Not to mention another reason to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment