Friday, September 4, 2009

Double Race Weekend & IT problem

Well after finally deciding that the soreness in the outer part of my left knee wasnt going away.  Followed by a few hours searching on the internet, Dr. Me self-diagnosed myself with an IT problem.  (Office hours are Thursdays from 7pm-10pm - have you insurance and co-pay handy). 

Anyway, I headed off to DB Sports in Plainville, MA (a local runner's den that has been around since my first running go round in the mid-80's - great place, well stocked, good people, highly recommended) and bought an IT band.  I decided to take the night off from running and went for a easy 3 mile walk with Nancy.  Good thing as I want to do 2 5k's this weekend.  Yeah yeah I know "take it easy there Jurek" but after only starting again after YEARS away I am pretty happy with my progress, so keep your comments to yourselves.   LOL

So here's the planned schedule:
Saturday Sept 5th - 1st Annual Jamie Fund 5K Road Race & Walk, in Mansfield, MA - couldn't any more convenient since I only have to drive cross town and it's starts at the High School were I went, and my two oldest kids now go.  Anyway, being the first time racing in forever and with a mix of road and trail I have no idea what to expect time wise - wish me luck!
Sunday Sept 6th - 1st Annual Stella Blues Finish for a Guinness in Warren, RI  This race to is benefit the Christopher Stone Fund.  There are details on the website if you google the race but in a nutshell the proceeds are to go the family of a man that sadly passed away in August of ALS (Lou Gerhig's Disease).  Although I never met him or his family, it goes without saying that all of our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family, I know my do. 

Well Happy Friday all, and I hope you all have a very Happy, Safe and Healthy Labor Day.  Damn where did the summer go.

No comments:

Post a Comment