Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I don't have to outrun the bear...

One of my all time favorite stories
Two friends decide to go camping.  In the middle of the night they here a huffing and snorting by their firepit and head out to investigate.  Right next to the fire is a very large and very unhappy grizzly bear.  The second friend starts to run frantically as the first camper heads back in to his tent and quickly puts on his running shoes.  The second camper says, "you can't outrun that bear." The first says, "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you."

1 comment:

  1. Yes that is one of my favorite all time lines. However I have thought about the senerio in depth at times. Firstly I suppose it would come down to who I was with, whether I would attempt ot out run them. And even then I don't think it is in my personality to do so. Hope I never find out though. The other thing to consider is that if your friend plays dead then the bear may just leave him there and go after the moving target, you. One thing is for sure, none of us can out run a bear who wants his dinner.

    ReplyDelete